A new project I worked on today...a cookie sheet bulletin board.
First, the inspiration for this came from a photo on Pinterest.
Click the link below the photo to be taken to the original source.
Here is what I used for this project: A cookie sheet, can of matte spray paint, drill, a piece of scrapbook paper, some little plastic and glass embellishments, homemade mod podge (1 cup Elmer's glue mixed with 1 cup water), glue dots, green ribbon.
The first thing I did was have my husband drill 2 holes in the top of the cookie sheet. The cookie sheet is 10 inches across, so he drilled a little hole at 3 inches and one at 7 inches.
I then lightly sanded the cookie sheet and sprayed a couple coats of the matte black on it.
After that was dry, I selected a piece of scrapbook paper that I wanted to use. I bought a book of papers at Walmart for only $5.00, and it contained 25 different patterns, with 2 sheets of each pattern. The papers are 8.5 inches by 11 inches, and that looked to fit the cookie sheet just fine, so I didn't have to cut it to size at all. Cafe au Lait is the name of the book.
Using a 1-inch foam brush, I coated the back of the paper with the glue mixture, then placed it on the cookie sheet. I smoothed out as many bubbles as I could, then I added another coat of glue over the paper and let it dry for a couple hours.
I then cut two 8.5 inch lengths of Offray ribbon. The color is Spring Moss. I used glue dots to attach the ribbon at the top and bottom of the paper.
At the corners and middle of the ribbon where I used the glue dots, I used glue dots again to attach the little leaves in the corners and add the glass marbles.
After that I cut 2 lengths of the same green ribbon, maybe 12 to 14 inches long. For each length, I folded the end and threaded it through the eye of a large needle, and then threaded them through from back to front of each hole that was drilled. I knotted each side, leaving little 'tails' to stick out.
Working with the ribbon lengths at the back of the cookie sheet, I held both of them together, and just kind of eyeballed how long of a hanger I wanted, then knotted the ribbon. Then I tied a bow, and cut the ends of each, leaving them long enough to hang down a bit.
With some of the coordinating scrapbook papers I'm going to be making some magnets for this. Here is the completed bulletin board:
I really like the way this turned out. I would love to make another one, and use 3 different coordinating papers. Please feel free to leave a comment, and let me know what you think....I love hearing from you!
Have a wonderful day! :)
Linking to these parties: