Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday Favorites #2

Here are some of my favorite things I've pinned at Pinterest lately.
I've added the links to their original sources below the photos.


This is such a romantic bedroom. Pink and green are one of my favorite color combinations. I love the gorgeous floral pattern on the bedding, and the headboard with curtains is to die for. Seriously thinking of doing something similar for my bed since I have no headboard at all. I also love the green wall color...and well just everything about this room.
 
~~~~~~~~~~

I would absolutely LOVE to have the imagination to come up with adorable cards like this, and this one is just the sweetest thing I've ever seen. The little embossed fence is so delicate, and the little birdies are so simple and cute. I just want to hug this card.
Betsy 
~~~~~~~~~~

For a long while I collected and decorated my kitchen in a 1950's theme. It was pink, aqua and yellow. I bought a lot of stuff off of Ebay to display in my kitchen. I used to love to look through old magazines that showed retro housewives and the homes they lived it. I still have days when I wish I lived in the 50's and 60's....and this dress brought back that longing. This is THE dress I would have worn to my prom.
1950's Party Dress 
~~~~~~~~~~

I have yet to refinish a piece of furniture. After looking at so many amazing transformations on people's blogs, I really want to try my hand at it. I have an old dresser in my bedroom that has been partially sanded forever, and when I get up enough courage, I will refinish it...this color. I for sure need green furniture somewhere in my house.
green french provincial dresser 
~~~~~~~~~~

Just the sweetest looking thing. I love French country decor..it's so soft and romantic and feminine looking.
French style dining room 
~~~~~~~~~~~

I love this idea for a gallery wall. You could use several different things...coordinating scrapbook papers, quilt pieces, handkerchiefs, fabric squares, book pages. Then just frame them with similar frames.
frame an antique quilt, tablecloth, or other fabric... This would look great in your house. I would use bigger frames though. 
~~~~~~~~~~

This is a project that is on my to-do list. You could used any size blocks..even a 2x4 cut into pieces would work, and can be customized for any kind of decor....a child's room, kitchen, a mantel, a bookshelf...just about anywhere.
Custom DIY Wooden Blocks 
~~~~~~~~~~

Such a cute idea for an old window! 
Birds in the window 
~~~~~~~~~~

I see a lot of jewelry and stuff made out of sea glass, and I always wondered.....do people really find this much of it on the beach? Or do they make it using colored glass and a rock tumbler? Anyway..this is so beautiful...I love the colors, and the intricate wire work.
 Seahorse pendant out of sea glass and wire
~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is a great idea that I want to try. Would love to do laundry for only a nickel a load!
Make your own laundry soap. 
~~~~~~~~~~

So those are my favorites this week. If you pin something, please visit the original source.
Have a wonderful weekend, and thanks for stopping by.
Please feel free to leave me a comment, I love hearing from you!




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from you!