Monday, March 19, 2012

Quick & Easy Chicken and Rice

I was looking for something quick to make for just myself one day, and came up with this quick, yummy lunch.

I had a boneless, skinless chicken breast in the refrigerator, so I took it and cut it into then strips, added a little butter to a pan and let it heat up. I also had a bag of Birds Eye Steamfresh white rice in the freezer, so I popped that into the microwave.



While the rice was steaming, I added my chicken to the pan, and while looking through my cabinet for something to season the chicken with, I found an envelope of Old El Paso Fajita seasoning mix. I sprinkled some of the seasoning over the chicken, added enough water to make a sauce, and simmered the chicken in it until it was done.



Then all I had to do was open the bag of rice, put it on the plate..add a tiny bit of butter, then poured the chicken and sauce over the rice. 

A quick, easy lunch for one....and was it ever yummy!

With a few more chicken breasts and rice, this would be a great dinner for the whole family.


Linking to:
{aka} design ~  A bowl full of lemonsA Diamond in the Stuff ~ A Glimpse InsideA Little Tipsy ~ At Home With K ~ Between Naps on the PorchBlue Cricket Design ~ Chic on a Shoestring ~ Coastal Charm ~ Confessions of a Stay At Home Mommy ~ Craft-O-Maniac ~ Debbie Does Creations ~ Delightful OrderDIY by Design ~ DIY Show Off ~ Elizabeth & Co. ~ Handy Man, Crafty Woman ~ home happy home ~ Home Savvy A to ZHomemaker on a Dime ~ homework ~ House of HepworthsHow To Nest for Less ~ I Gotta Create!It's OverflowingMy 1929 CharmerMy Girlish Whims ~ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia ~ Positively Splendid ~ RadCrafterSassy Sites! ~ Savvy Southern Style ~ Serendipity and Spice ~ Sew Many Ways ~ Sugar and Dots ~ Sugar Bee Crafts ~ The 36th Avenue ~ The Blackberry Vine ~ The NY Melrose Family ~ The Project Queen ~ The Southern InstituteThrifty 101Under The Table and Dreaming
Tip Junkie handmade projects


Pin It

13 comments:

  1. Very handy, especially midweek, when I start dragging my feet about what to cook! Thanks =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a very tasty meal! I love fajitas, so this sounds awesome

    Mal @ The Chic Geek

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quick and easy - love that! Stopping by from the Creative Corner Blog hop. Your newest GFC follower

    Holly
    http://hollysstampingaddiction.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting from the Creative Corner Blog Hop.
    I love chicken and rice, and I am all about quick and easy!!!
    Hope you can visit me @ www.rookiesmakingcookies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a great recipe to prepare in a hurry...we all need those. Linked from Whimsy Wednesday, and am a new follower! Patsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. yummy sounds super good come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how quick and easy it is. Perfect while wrangling a toddler. Thanks for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quick and easy, and good, OK I'm in on this one. Always great to have a fast dinner time meal. thanks for the recipe - will give it a try. Thanks so much for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My hubby loves anything chicken and rice. I will have to pin this to my recipes. Thanks so much for sharing at Toot Your Horn Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmm... chicken and rice. My husband would love this. Thank you for linking up to the Creative Corner Hop.

    The Things We Find Pinteresting Thursday" is up and running if you would like to link up your favorite pins.

    Sandy
    Cherished Handmade Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks yummy! Thanks for linking up at Whimsy Wednesday last week. hope you'll come back tonight for another linky party!
    Amy@homehappyhome

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from you!