Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Mini Goodwill Haul

Well it was kind of overcast today, a little on the cooler side, but I decided to take a bike ride to Goodwill to see what kind of junk I could find..haha! Shelves were kind of bare, and it looked like they were in the middle of getting their spring stuff out, but I did find a few little things to transform into something gorgeous. ;) 

First I found this bag of decorative excelsior moss for 50 cents. I don't have a use for it right now, but it would be cute in a pot with some little flowers or something eventually. It's a nice dark shade of green instead of the tan color I've usually seen. Would be cute to use for Easter grass in a tablescape or something too...as it's to crumbly and brittle to use in Easter baskets.

Then I found this little recipe box with a hinged cover for 49 cents to decoupage with either fabric or scrapbook paper. It's a cute pattern by Lisa Blowers, but wouldn't go with my decor. Looking on the bottom I see the original price was $8.95!
On the same shelf as the recipe box was sitting this candle pillar for 99 cents. It's finished with what looks like a clear shellac, and for this project I think I will try my hand at maybe the chalk paint I see everyone using....or paint it a dark color then sand it in places to make it look old. 


In the picture frame section I found these little beauties. The larger frame has a nice open criss cross pattern and I plan to paint that as well, although I'm not sure yet what will go in it. I got that for 99 cents.
Next I found the set of framed birds for 49 cents each. I actually like the little bird prints, and they both have cute oval openings in the mats, but I will probably paint the frames.



Lastly, I was inspired by this craft project that I recently saw posted by Courtney on her blog A Diamond in the Stuff:
 
Click HERE for the direct link to her project. It's SUCH a cute idea!

So while I was in the picture frame section, I found these 5 little frames, for between 25 and 50 cents each. I would still need one more to make "Spring"....but I DO have enough to make my last name. On a gallery wall of family photos, they would look really cute on a floating shelf maybe. Here are the frames I found:

The photo of the 5 frames took like 6 shots to get....my daughter thought it would be funny to plunk my grandson on the counter while I was trying to take pictures of them, so the first shots I got had at least 1 or 2 frames knocked over. :p

So that was my mini haul today.
Have you found anything good at Goodwill lately?

Linking to:


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from you!